My Garden Birds


As a first post, I thought I would introduce myself but more importantly the birds I get in my garden. I live near the South Essex coast and so get the usual array of Sparrows, Starlings, Blackbirds etc.  I've got a Robin that sits in the tree outside and stares through the window singing which is both sweet and faintly threatening.  There have been a few unusual visitors to my feeders (in a tree out front it's not technically my garden, but I'm claiming it.) probably due to the cold snap.  I've seen Long-tailed tits, a pair of Goldcrest and even a male Blackcap - the sight of which caused me to choke on my tea as I tried to attract the attention of Mr. Essex Birder.

The Essex Birder Official Blog Dog SpanielI walk the Official Blog Dog along a part of the Thames estuary path so we get to see plenty of waders, ducks and the like.  It’s quite a varied habitat featuring managed reed beds and fresh water lakes so there is always something to see. 


I’m attempting the #200birdyear, and so far I’m up to 42, but that’s another post.


So use the comments below to introduce yourself and tell me where you do your bird watching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wading Birds of the Essex Mudflats

Are Garden Feeders Harming Bird Populations?